Saturday, July 30, 2016

A lovely Orange-bellied Flowerpecker couple

A pair of the Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
It was the moment of truth today.  I was hoping the other day (in a previous posting) that the male would bring along its female counterpart to enjoy the Jackfruit.  My wish was answered today, 30 July'16, when both sexes of the species dropped by the  Jackfruit tree, thereby giving me plenty of opportunities to gather stock photographs of the bird in close range. Unlike the bulbuls, the flowerpecker seemed to be less disturbed to see me.  Indeed the sweet fleshy pulp of the fruit was a major attraction attracting not only the flowerpeckers but also bulbul.  They were too focused on eating the fruit that quite oblivious of my presence.   I noticed that after the squirrels bit off the thick fruit skin the birds would come next enjoying the exposed pulp.  There seemed to be a mutually helpful co-existence between the birds and the squirrels.

( Note: This is a re-posting from this link...>>>>http://kambatikpark.blogspot.my/2016/07/a-lovely-orange-bellied-flowerpecker.html )
Date of posting : 30 July'16.

No comments:

Post a Comment